Chinese manufacturing giant, Huawei, has been releasing its new HarmonyOS to its smartphones. All the recent smartphones (few years old) from Huawei already have this update. The company is now releasing this operating system for very old devices. As of today, its five years old smartphone, Huawei Mate 9 is now getting the HarmonyOS update. According to netizens, this 2016 smartphone is receiving HarmonyOS 220.127.116.11 update and the version number is C00E50R1P2. The size of the update is 3.85GB.
According to Huawei, the software update package will self-delete after the update so that it does not occupy storage space. Furthermore, this update optimizes the system stability and Huawei recommends it for all users. According to the Chinese manufacturer, the following smartphone will commence close beta recruitment in late September. The smartphones include
- Huawei Mate 9 series
- Huawei P10 series
- Huawei-tablet M5 series
- Huawei nova 3
- Huawei Enjoy 9 Plus and other models
However, just a few weeks after the close beta recruitment, the Huawei Mate 9 is now getting the internal beta of this system.
Huawei Mate 9 specifications
- 5.9-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD 2.5D curved glass display, 96% NTSC Color Gamut
- Octa-Core Huawei Kirin 960 (4 x 2.4 GHz A73+ 4 x 1.8 GHz A53) processor + i6 co-processor, Mali G71 Octa-core GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat) with EMUI 5.0
- Hybird Dual SIM (nano SIM + nano SIM / microSD)
- 20MP (Monochrome) + 12MP (RGB) Dual rear cameras with Leica lenses, f/2.2 aperture, dual-tone LED flash, PDAF, CAF, Laser AF, OIS, 4K video recording
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/1.9 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 156.9 x 78.9 x 7.9mm; Weight: 190g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac (2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS, NFC
- 4000mAh battery with fast charging
HarmonyOS release progress so far
Huawei officially released the HarmonyOS system on June 2nd. In the first week, by June 9, we already had over 10 million HarmonyOS users. However, after two weeks, this operating system had over 18 million users. After a month of upgrade, HarmonyOS had over 25 million users. Before the end of July, this figure increased to over 40 million. In less than two months, as of early August, this operating system had over 50 million users. Furthermore, as of August 30th, HarmonyOS had over 70 million active users. However, a few days later (September, 2nd), the company announced that it has over 90 million users. As of September 12th, HarmonyOS had over 100 million users. It is obvious that this system will have well over 300 million users before the end of this year. This upgrade is Huawei’s largest system update in its history.
Presently, HarmonyOS upgrade covers over 106 models of Huawei and Honor devices. Of course, before the end of the year, the company will release this update for more models.