Chinese manufacturer, Xiaomi, released its latest flagship digital series a few days ago. The standard model of the series, Xiaomi 12, is a small-size flagship. Although this device comes with a 6.28-inch screen, its dimension was used for way smaller displays a few years ago. Of course, we have been wondering how Xiaomi was able to stack flagship features on the small size. Earlier today, Xiaomi Mobile released the official disassembly video of the Xiaomi 12. From the disassembly video, we can see that Xiaomi has paid attention to the stacking of components in order to create a “small-sized flagship” such as Xiaomi 12. Click HERE to watch the video.
In order to pack all the components in the small space, Xiaomi 12 not only uses a double-stacked motherboard but also maintains a high motherboard design density. This is why the Xiaomi 12 motherboard is “dense”. In addition to the three-camera module dominated by the Sony IMX766 main camera, the main sensor is also integrated into the motherboard. Most of the space is for the various chips.
In the middle frame of the mobile phone, we can clearly see a large number of groove designs. This design ensures that the thickness of the mobile phone is not affected, and does not impose too many restrictions on the design of the motherboard.
The video also reveals Xiaomi’s new-generation lithium cobalt oxide battery. Furthermore, it exposes the large-area 2600mm² VC soaking plate and other components. Overall, as a small-sized flagship, Xiaomi 12 successfully achieves both size and performance through sophisticated internal design and high-density motherboard stacking. It is a good choice for users who prefer small-screen mobile phones.
Xiaomi 12 specifications
- 6.28-inch (2400 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 20:9 HDR10 + display, 120Hz refresh rate, up to 1100 nits brightness, 5,000,000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, HDR10+, Dolby Vision, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno next-gen GPU
- 8GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage / 12GB LPPDDR5 RAM 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 13 based on Android 12
- 50MP rear camera with 1/ 1.56″ Sony IMX766 sensor, f/1.88 aperture, OIS, LED flash, 13MP 123° ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.4 aperture, 5MP telemacro camera with f/2.4 aperture, 8K video recording
- 32MP front-facing camera with 80.5 Fov
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Dual speakers, Harman Kardon tuning, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 152.7×69.9×8.16mm; Weight: 180g (glass) /179g (leather)
- 5G SA/NSA,Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1 + L5), NavIC, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh (Typical) battery with 67W wired fast charging, 50W wireless second charge / 10W Wireless rechargeable